Monday, June 8, 2009

Lit Randomness: JD Salinger lawsuit explained, Blood Meridian soundtrack, Tobias Bengelsdorf & Fiction at Work, the last of the media tycoons & more



When we say lit randomness, we mean randomness as we go high and low and all the brows in between with this one. Oh, and a review of Joe Meno's new one to pop up later.


Update: JD Salinger's crazy lawsuit explained:
At Slate.


Blood Meridian soundtrack by Lucero frontman, Ben Nichols:
At Popmatters.
I'll be honest: I haven't read Blood Meridian, so I'm not a good southern hipster, but this convergence seems really promising.

Interview w/ Tobias Amadon Bengelsdorf of Fiction at Work: At Orange Alert.
This is my Chicago story to make up for the fact that I thought I saw a Printers Row Lit Fest review somewhere, but now can't find it. Someone tell me if there is one.
The best: "OA: What's next for Tobias Bengelsdorf?
TAB: I don't know. Maybe something more lucrative than writing for no money. I might take up industrial espionage. Do you know any secrets?"


Conde Nast is a big magazine company that is slowly falling to oblivion, because they don't grasp the Internet:
At NY Mag.
Actually, I take that back. They are doing some things right. The idea that personalities can still drive magazines is viable. Look at HuffPo, I mean she named it after herself.

Required Van Reading from So Many Dynamos:
At Buzzgrinder.
The best: The Dirt – Motley Crue
The first half is interesting, when they are at their most vile and disgusting. Then it gets boring when they get old and rich. Still, definitely worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails