Monday, February 8, 2010

Swing South: Cold Cave/Nite Jewel

(Ed. note: Cold Cave cancelled their show in Chapel Hill the other night & is canceling their show in Tampa & in Atlanta & I would assume Orlando..I'm not sure about the other southern dates...I think Nite Jewel is still playing...but this letter still stands...)




Mr. Eisold of Cold Cave,

I know that you sued Fall Out Boy, played in a cool hardcore band on Bridge Nine and even started a literary press. Considering what we cover on this site, you should be my hero. But I can't stand Cold Cave, I don't get it, I don't like it. I do listen to some "electronic" music, but this is too much of a new wave-ish ripoff for me.

I guess you knew you would "lose" your old fans, good thing you got Pitchfork & Stereogum to lead you to more.

Anyway, people seem to like your new release, Love Comes Close. I'm just not one of them.

I don't blame you, I don't think you're "selling out" or anything like that. You're doing what you want to do, I hope. Best wishes, I guess we part from here. I might pick up some of your Heartworm zines, though.

Sincerely,
Your pals at Deckfight

P.S. Actually I like Nite Jewel better. This video is supposed to be funny, right?....right?



Rest of the southern dates for Nite Jewel after the jump...


Feb 9 2010 8:00P
at Backbooth ORLANDO

Feb 10 2010 8:00P
at Crowbar TAMPA

Feb 11 2010 8:00P
at 529 ATLANTA

Feb 12 2010 8:00P
at Calendonia Lounge w/ NITE JEWEL ATHENS

Feb 13 2010 8:00P
at STUDIO B GREENSBORO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails